12.15.2011

Caroline Slotte

From the series Rose Border Multiple, Double Blue II, reworked second hand object, 2007

Photo: Tuukka Paikkari

 

From the series Rose Border Multiple, Multiple Blue I, reworked second hand object, 2007

Photo: Tuukka Paikkari

 From the series Rose Border Multiple, Blue & White (white), reworked second hand object, 2009

White Rose, reworked second hand object, 2003

Behind Pink Skies, reworked second hand object, 2006

These works are reworked second hand objects. I love the idea of upcycling, and I think she has pulled it off very well. These works are so beautiful. The depth created by cutting away parts of the plate and layering is so interesting, and I love that the function of the object is compromised by this process. I also love the color palette she sticks to, and I bet it would be a lot of fun to watch her process...acquiring the plates through hand me downs, thrift stores or estate sales, and then to see how she creates such a precise and smooth line. Fascinating!!

http://www.carolineslotte.com/works/works_2003_2006/8.html

No comments:

Post a Comment